We will be giving demonstrations of the Italian Casting Style at the following events during 2018
- August 11th & 12th - Lowther Game Show - Lowther Castle Near Penrith
- September 15th & 16th Midlands Game Fair - Weston Park, Weston - Under - Lizard, Shropshire
In addition to demonstrating at the above events we will also be offering a basic introduction to the Italian Style of Casting on a one to one, one to small group basis.
To give anglers a more in depth introduction to the Italian Style of Casting we will be running a number of workshops during the year. Full details of the venues and dates have yet to be firmed up, the intent however is to run the following workshops.
- May 26th - Yorkshire - River Aire - Gargrave
- June 30th - River Dee - North Wales
- July 28th - Scotland - Hoddom Castle - River Annan
- September 22nd - River Tees - North Yorkshire or County Durham
- October 13th - Cammarch Hotel - Llangammarch - Powys - River Irthon
The workshops will address the following:
- The tuning of participants existing tackle for use in the Italian Style of Casting
- The grip
- The basic casting stroke including the plane, the axis,and the formation of the loop.
- The Fly First Cast - designed to land the fly before the fly line to delay the onset of drag
- The Backhand Fly First Cast - as the above but cast over your non casting hand shoulder, very useful when there trees and other obstructions on your casting hand side.
- The Under the Bushes Cast - as it says on the tin, developed to get your fly under a bush or overhanging vegetation.
- We will also demonstrate the following casts:
- The Between the Trees Cast - a very accurate cast for landing you fly in small gaps between trees and other snags which is also very useful when trying to cast into a strong head wind.
- The Dump Cast - used to land your leader with a lot of slack before your fly line, significantly delaying the onset of drag. Particularly useful when you are trying to deliver your fly into slack water when there is a fast current between you and your target.
- The Cut Cast - used when there is limited space behind you to perform a more conventional back cast.
- Utility Casts
- The Wave and Spiral Casts - enable you to pick up your fly from the water with the minimum of disturbance and without drowning your fly.
- The Snake Cast - used to introduce a wave pattern in your fly line and leader to delay the onset of drag.
If you are interested in attending any of these workshops please email Phil Bastow at email@example.com to be kept up to date as to when and where the workshop will be held.